By Gaslight Dave
***If you click on the logos for the organizations/companies listed here it will send you to the associated webpage***
I believe it is safe to say that this country is under the rule of people, ironically know as progressives and who claim to be tolerant, who want to remove our rights as given by God and the Constitution.
Daily we see new assaults on the right to free speech, the erosion of Sates rights by an over reaching Federal Government, and progressive groups who want to take our right to own firearms and protect ourselves.
There are organizations that try and protect our rights, like the NRA, and NGRA.
Because of these so called progressive groups (Bloombergs Mayors Against Illegal Guns – all guns should be illegal to them) some cities and states have enacted laws that require rifles like the AR-15 and the AK-47 be made “featureless”
Before we go any further, lets define what a “featureless” rifle is. The California Featureless Rifle Guide states “A Featureless semiautomatic centerfire rifle has a detachable magazine with no round limit* and is not allowed to have any features. Features are Pistol grip, Thumbhole / Folding / Telescoping Stock, Flash Suppressor, Forward Pistol Grip, Grenade / Flare Launcher. * Note: while there is no limitation of the number of rounds a Featureless rifle can legally hold California still has a separate magazine limit law that applies.” (https://sites.google.com/site/featurelessrifleguide/).
As you can see the pistol grip and the adjustable stock have been replaced by a single unit. Also the buffer tube has been covered with these added benefits:
- It restores the diameter lost from the stock being removed.
- It gives the buffer tube renewed functionality by adding snap on cheek rise slots and ambidextrous hardpoints for quick detach slings (QD version only)
While some call this an ugly stock, I personally think it looks like something directly out of a Space Opera or Science Fiction!
Here are just a few of the benefits that Thordsen is offering with this stock:
- QUICK DETACH SLING MOUNTS - Molded into each side the stock are black oxide coated steel mounts that accept ANY brand of quick disconnect sling swivel.
- SINGLE POINT SLING LOOP - Molded into the base of the stock, the black oxide coated steel loop is designed to accept ANY brand of clip on single point sling.
- AGRESSIVE CHECKERING - Incorporated into the FRS-15 are two types of aggressive checkering for a superior non slip grip every time under every circumstance.
- INTERCHANGABLE SIDE PANELS - Designed as a cover for the internal structure, the side panels can be painted, engraved or stippled to personalize your firearm.
- GRIP STORAGE COMPARTMENT - The generous storage space is perfect to store tools, parts, or proof of ownership. A snap on cover plate embossed with our logo keeps the contents safe.
- ERGONOMIC ENDPLATE - The edge is radiused to eliminate irritation to the user’s thumb caused by rubbing against the sharp edge on a standard endplate. Pistol grip AR-15 and AR pistol users can benefit from it as well.
- NEW RUBBER BUTTPAD - Our new buttpad increases the length of pull to 14.125″ and is molded in a medium urethane rubber for greater recoil dampening and comfort.
There are no limits to what you can to with this butt stock. In fact If I could get my hands on an AR-15 I would convert to one of these.
So now that we have the AR-15 covered what are we to do about the AK-47? There are rally only a few options and none of them are very good. If you go by what the California guide said, then we really have no choice in the matter. A lot of the AK’s and Variants (hereby referred to as AK-47 or just AK) came with either under folding or side folding stocks, others came with thumbhole stocks, and almost all (with the exception of the thumbhole stocks) had pistol type grips. So just what are we supposed to do? There are the Monster Man Grips that will need an ar-15 grip adapter to be purchased to make it fit:
We can also go with a “Kydex slip on sleeve” kinda like a condom for your pistol grip.
Honestly I think they happen to look like ass. Currently I am purchasing a polymer thumbhole stock for my AK. This will remove the pistol grip and the tactical shoulder stock. I am also going to paint it Dark Earth Brown to match the foregrip. I understand that a thumbhole stock is still illegal under these new rules but It still doesn’t LOOK like a tactical stock. That is what is important.
Look, I am not advocating that we just lay down and let these progressive roll over us like a steam roller. That isn’t the way this country works. But should the Coming Zombie Apocalypse happen then we are going to need our guns. So we should do our best to remain off of their radar if at all possible. If we don’t we risk losing our means of protection.
I really love the way Z.E.R.T. defines what a Zombie is in this context:
Just because your state hasn’t enacted laws like these doesn’t mean they won’t. There are a lot of progressives and RINOs in state legislatures and the only thing they are concerned about is getting re-elected.
I did go to Thordsen’s website and sent them an email asking if they could port the new AR-15 (FRS-15) stock to the AK-47. I would encourage all of you AK owners out there to do the same. Here is their contact link: http://www.thordsencustoms.com/contact-us.htm.Featureless Rifles #Rifles #GunGrabbers #Survival #Guns #FeaturelessRifles #Progressives By Gaslight Dave ***If you click on the logos for the organizations/companies listed here it will send you to the associated webpage***